Pages

    7.4.08

    Rock Chalk Championship!

    Congratulations to Corey, Mo, Pete, Jason, Josh, Nikki, and all my other Kansas friends on the incredible Kansas Jayhawks winning the 2008 NCAA National Championship in an AMAZING basketball game. That 3 at the end of regulation was the definition of the word "clutch."

    I wasn't paying that much attention to the tournament this year as none of my teams were in it, but one weekend at the Madrid/Rittmaster residence quickly got me re-invested and I'm so glad it did as Kansas played some amazing ball to get to the title - especially those last two games.

    Congrats again to all you Kansas'ians!

    4 comments:

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

    Am I imagining things? Wasn't there a comment here before?

    cszponce said...

    Yup, and I'm 95% sure I know who it was too, but they didn't have the sack to leave their name and hid under "Anonymous," so I removed it (which, apparently, is the new policy some friends informed me of that maintain their blogs much more fervently than I do.)

    How goes the improv in KC? We're excited to get you all up here next weekend.

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

    The Championship for season 1 of Improv Thunderdome was last night and it was good. We were ousted last month, but it was still nice to go and support friends. I'm looking forward to Gilda's Club as it will be my first short form show since Jan 19. I hope there will be a decent crowd.

    cszponce said...

    Yeah, I read about how you had to go up against a stacked audience that was for the other team. That's got to be frustrating, but I hope you had a good time.

    Plus, it's motivation for next year. :-)

    Did friends of yours end up winning?