Pages

    19.11.05

    Walk The Line.....to Minneapolis

    Thought I'd gave ya'll a brief update as to what all has been happening around the homestead since "Twelfth Night" wrapped.

    M'lady friend and I went to see Walk The Line last night following another outing refereeing at CSz and it was great! Honestly, I wasn't really that keen on going to see it as we were more focused on seeing the unfortunately sold out Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, but I'm so glad that it was because this bio pic of Johnny Cash (whom I was very unfamiliar with) was worth every penny. Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon turn in amazing performances and not just as actors - they did all of their own vocals as well! They sounded terrific and I'm hoping that the soundtrack features them because they did an excellent job.

    Seeing as how my parents are four states away, I wasn't sure what I'd be doing for Thanksgiving this year. My adopted family here, the Campbell's, have given me an open invite pretty much to spend any holiday with them, which is exceedingly generous on their part and I have taken them up on it in the past. However, this year Thanksgiving weekend is going to be a special one as Steph surprised me not only by offering up her parents place for Thanksgiving, but then shocked me again with tickets to see the Dave Matthews Band in Minneapolis two days after turkey day! This will be concert numero 27 for me (her first, although I did treat her to a Jason Mraz show so she's becoming accustomed to my concert-like ways) and I'm one step closer to my goal - seeing my 30th DMB concert on or near my 30th birthday.

    The last time I saw DMB was in Alpine Valley and we got caught in the mother of all thunderstorms on the way up so I'm hoping mother nature will play a bit nicer this time around. Although Minneapolis is pretty far north and I'm not anticipating the roads to be very kind...

    I also caved, because I have a problem, and instead of waiting and asking for it at Christmas, I treated myself to Season 2 of Scrubs. This, in my opinion, is the best sitcom on television right now and actually seems to play out like a really good long form improv scene if you look at an episode in the right way.




    Anyhoot, I hope all is well with you and yours and have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



    Now get the hell off my lawn.

    11 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Though I am partial to Arrested Development, I also am a big fan of Scrubs. It's a shame they pulled it from the regular schedule on NBC. I am personally trying to wait until Christmas to get the second season, if only so I actually have something to give my parents for a gift list. Now that Arrested Development has basically been cancelled, the two shows have even more in common. It just proves how difficult it is for smart television to find an audience. This makes me sad. :(

    Anonymous said...

    First off, you say "welcome to my rent free space of the internet" or whatever the crap it is (i'm too lazy to go back and cut and paste)...then you tell us to get off your lawn. sounds a little bipolar to me. perhaps this drastic emotional change is due to you seeing DMB about 30 times in your life. that's a lot of secondary smoke my friend. A LOT. I must admit when i read that, a little piece of me died inside. i can't think of any band i would want to see 30 times, except maybe try 30 times to get back stage at a concert of a horrible band and sucker punch them in the throat. but i digress. i'm not making any sense...or are these ramblings too lucid its eerie?????? you figure it out.

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

    Speaking of bipolar...

    8P

    Tim said...

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone, I hope you aren't talking about my wife.

    cszponce said...

    SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

    It's Steaming Bowl of Calderone VS. Night Light Films LIVE in the Comments section of Conversation W/ Myself!

    Other artists scheduled (but not guaranteed) to appear: White Lion, Warrant, Toto, the other guy from Wham!, and don't miss a special tribute to Dokken performed by Ratt following the match!

    Ticket price covers the entire seat - BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!!!

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

    Perhaps the "8P" was overlooked in my earlier post. Would the razzing have been clearer if I had done ":P"? Or ":razz:"? Where are those oh so useful emoticons when you need them? Damn it!

    Anonymous said...

    that's right. i wouldn't want to mess with tim either. you suck, he rules, end of discussion.

    cszponce said...

    Play nice.

    There will be no sucking and ruling on the blog while I'm around....


    ...unless it's paid for and you can provide a LEGIBLE receipt.

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

    Just what does "end of discussion" mean to you JD?!














    Oops.

    Steaming bowl o' Calderone said...

    I guess to you it means don't post. Oh wait, that's just SOP.

    Anonymous said...

    when are you going to update.

    i could've written my entire book on john mayer in the time its taken you to think about your next post. geez.