Pages

    16.12.05

    Lights! Camera! Spend a truckload of cash!

    Holy crowbars, was King Kong an amazing film. We went to the midnight show and it was so worth it. I've had moments from this film replaying in my head at least once a day since seeing it and I can't wait to experience it a second time. As a friend of mine so eloquently stated, "it's a big monkey fighting a dinosaur..... how can you not like it?"

    Seriously, I think this was the film of the year for me with Walk The Line a close second. Peter Jackson has done it again! Even if Lord of the Rings wasn't your bag and you didn't get wrapped up in that story, this film is easily accessable with a story that everyone is familiar with in some form or another (it's no secret that one of the first popular video games was Donkey Kong, which takes not just it's name, but apes the storyline directly from Kong..... pun firmly intended).


    At any rate, this film was WAY better than the lackluster Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, and I hope they handle the rest of C.S. Lewis' work a bit better than they did this one.

    Class dismissed.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    okay, so let me get this straight.

    you interrupt my nap, at 11:30-ish, to tell me that you are absolutely "swamped" at work, so tim needs to send out the mass email.

    which i already chided you for, because it would've taken less effort to email, than to call and explain that.

    THEN, you update your blog. now, i realize i've been telling you to update your blog since about 1982, but seriously. SERIOUSLY.

    why didn't you say that you didn't want to send the email? WHY????

    Anonymous said...

    It was a THREE HOUR FILM, that's like longer than forever in movie time.

    I used the word three rather than the number because when I capitalize the number 3 it does nothing for emphasis. Anyway, you probably get my point... or maybe not.

    Tim said...

    I put some more pictures up, check'em out.